Saturday 22 December 2012

Roaring rivers.

I wish it was possible to let you hear the noise outside. It has rained incessantly, turning the small stream in the picture into a wide torrent.
The river at the back of the house is so loud that I thought there was a lorry in the yard. This house lies between  the two bodies of water which join then fall into a waterfall.
We are high enough not to become flooded although the tiny burn to our left has burst it's banks and is now in the garden.

I think we are just about organised enough for the forthcoming festivities but if anything has been forgotten then too bad. We are not going anywhere until the roads are no longer little rivers in their own right.

This is the wildest that I have seen the river in nine years and while I know it will recede, I'm a little bit scared tonight.

Keep warm, dry and safe. x

3 comments:

  1. When I was young in Scotland Christmas Day was not a public holiday....but things change.

    Best wishes to you and your family, and may there be progress for you and your family in the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a little bit scared by bad weather too, especially stormy nights, but then the dawn breaks and the sun returns to shine and it's all ok again
    Wishing you safe and warm and well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandpa lives in Comrie and nearly had to be evacuated when they had all that flooding a few weeks back so I'll keep my fingers crossed you'll be safe where you are!

    ReplyDelete